Wednesday, June 6, 2007

There is a whole new world out there....



and it is called Michael's or your friendly local craft store. What an amazing assortment of fun waiting to be tackled in all my spare time??? Do you ever find yourself either walking the aisles in desperation considering all the options or picking up fun little "projects" which never get completed? Both of those would be me- today. I wonder how many of us have those uncompleted art projects stowed away for a rainy day? I stopped this morning after class to buy the album which will become our daughter's "Wish Book" and I think I was in there for over an hour. Way too many choices! Take me to a shoe department with that many options and I would be in heaven but this simple errand was exhausting. So, I settled on a plain black silk covered little number by Martha Stewart- how can you go wrong with Martha? Black is classic and this way as she gets older she can take it out and pursue the notes everyone is leaving her. As a side note, your sentiments have all been very touching and I know she will cherish every word that you write to her. I am thinking that this summer would be a good time to keep the swatches organized and put away in her book as opposed to trying to tackle the project when we return home with a little one. Keep those swatches coming in because now I have the most perfect place to put them. And scrapbookers out there that need a summer gig?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to go check out the Martha madness there.