Thursday, June 28, 2007

What a wonderful afternoon...



Today my best friend and her husband stopped in for lunch. They were breezing through town on their way to a long weekend retreat. We had a lovely lunch and then headed to our favorite "drink" spot on the intracoastal- Square Grouper at Castaways Marina. Any Alan Jackson fans out there? Well, it wasn't exactly five o'clock somewhere but it was a good time. So, I am going to dedicate this article to friendship. You know those people that will be by your side no matter what? This is "T" . This is my best friend. We have been buddies since middle school and we have triumphed over quite a bit in all the years since the 80's. Luckily, she and her family live within a couple hours drive and although we don't get to see each other as often as we would like it is just like yesterday when we finally catch up. She has a fantastic and hilarious husband. Plus, I love him because he went to my alma mater, FSU. They have two amazing children and I feel so grateful to have them close over the next couple of years as we expand our family. I know that people come into your life at different time and every soul serves a purpose as you encounter them. Something like "every person is a door to a different world"....... and we always values friends in whatever shape them may take. So, for all the friends out there- those who have slipped away, those who have yet to come, and most importantly- those who stay... as John Lennon said " I get by with a little help from my friends."

1 comment:

S. said...

Sounds like you had fun! We have friends who live down by you--he is the g.m. of the ritz...maybe sometime when we both have our babies we can hook up!