Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Fish Bowl

Empty, awesome, bowl..........
Full, awesome bowl..............

A couple of weeks ago my family and I celebrated a tough day together. We decided we were going to make it a joyous occassion and not focus on the difficulty associated with our task. The weather was glorious and it was truly a gift because the days before and the day following was completely dreary and dark. We choose to commerate our day by painting pottery. Here is my creation. I love the ocean and all my time spent on it. There are such fond memories. It just seemed fitting for the day we spent together and who we celebrated. I love my bowl and what it signifies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your bowl too.

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks very professionally done. The second picture with the clementines in it looks like it could go in a food magazine

Carissa said...

I love that bowl, I hope things are better soon!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! and oddly enough I loved that day xoxo

LauraPBS said...

Your bowl looks great! Believe it or not, my husband and I own the company that distributes a lot of the bisque, paints, and brushes to paint your own pottery studios around the country! Little did you know how painting pottery is truly a Vietnam PAP thing! We are waiting for I600 approval to get our daughter in Lang Son - our receipt date was 1/3. Keep on painting and please e-mail me with any ideas you may ever have about shapes you'd like to paint, but can
t find in stores - LauraPBS1@yahoo.com Good luck and maybe I'll see you over there!

Jon and Andrea said...

I love your bowl! Sending positive thoughts your way from Hawaii...