Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Follow-up to The Last Post


No news is bad news...... or at least challenging news. In this amazing and tumultuous journey to our daughter we have hit yet another road block. I am so tired of these solid brick walls and I apologize for the obvious comment and easy target. I usually try and be a little more poignant and clever in my references but I am honestly too tired for such nonsense. I just can't help the cynical attitude. Tomorrow is a new day and I am hopeful I will change my mind. But, if you are in the Vietnam adoption world- you know what I am referring too and if you are a dear friend or family member then you know where we are and where our thoughts and heart is. I am still sending positive vibes out to the Universe and more importantly to our little one, Mattine, who unfortunately in this mess of a process is stuck on a cold bamboo mat. Still cynical! This is so unlike me but I think I have succumbed to this journey and for tonight is has claimed me as victim. I will be raring to fight tomorrow, I am sure.

On a lighter note, we have been blessed to run across another wonderful family in this process (shout out). My closest PAP is coming to visit us on Tuesday and is planning to stay with us until Friday. I am so excited and am really relieved to have some camaraderie here next week. I am not quite sure what we will do but I can say with the most positive of spirit that I couldn't ask for a stronger support system. This is such a small world we live in and the adoption community is even smaller. For most, this appears to be a easy process and transition- only those in the midst of confusion and love know the feelings and state of mind we are experiencing. It will be a relief to have "that" support system close and we want to thanks all those who play a part in our network of support. BTW, I am so ready to freak out and place that bubble gum pink streak in my hair. In fact, I am making the call tomorrow. Mattine would be proud of her momma sporting the pink! I will take a little peace from anything.

No comments: