Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our first care package


As luck would have it, we happened to get our referral just as a family with our same agency adopting from the same orphanage was leaving for Vietnam. The family had offered to bring care packages (thank you Wendy!!). The little pink power ranger shirt our little girl is wearing in her referral picture is rather worn and thin. I'm sure she doesn't care. But I want to send her some new, soft clothes from us. Finding infant clothes that are not onsies is very difficult. They don't use diapers in the orphanage, they only use shirts and pants. In my hunt for clothes (at the eleventh hour because I had to make the fed-ex the next morning) I found several pairs of pull-on pants and some little tops, a hat, some socks, and a soft blanket. The items get stuffed into a gallon ziploc bag so that they don't take up too much room for the family taking them. I wrote Mattine a note telling her that we loved her. At least, I hope that is what I wrote- it was late and I was having a hard time finding an on-line Vietnamese translator. Did I mention that we did this the night we received our referral call? I just couldn't think about sleep and wanted her to know how much she is already loved and how much more love there is to come. I hope she gets to wear the clothes or that a child in her orphanage gets to wear them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest clothes and you even got them on a time crunch, impressive! Sending vibes your way for quick travel!

Anonymous said...

could they be any cuter? Looking at them made me cry!! :) I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!

Tasha Kent said...

How exciting!!!

R&H said...

so sweet! Hopefully the family can take lots of pictures of Mattine wearing the new clothes and snuggling with the blanket!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com