Thursday, November 29, 2007

General Update

I have made it a habit the last couple of weeks to hit the beach almost every day if not every day. It has been really good for me. It helps with clearing my head. Not to mention, I can listen to my i-pod as loud as I want and nobody knows the difference. I took this picture last Sunday and it just reminds me of how life ebbs and flows. Sometimes you are floating freely in the high tide and others you are stranded at low tide. It is just the path you are on. A friend recently sent an e-mail and reminded me that it is about enjoying the ride, not the end of the journey. I know that. It is posted on the side of my blog. But in this crazy process I had lost that. I am so glad she reminded me. It was like someone slapped me upside the head. Who doesn't occasionally need one of those? One of the girls on a group I participate in said it so profoundly this evening, "of all the things I have lost (in the adoption process), it's my mind I miss the most." That is exactly it. You get so close to the flame you forget to pull you hand back. That is why I am posting tonight. It is time to get back to the basics. Time to reclaim the life I had prior to the adoption. I know Mattine will come. And unfortunately nothing I can do will really speed that up. That is why I am going to focus of finding and enjoying the ride again!

And as a side note, those weren't my legs in the prior post. But thanks for the comments and e-mails admiring the shapeliness of "my" legs. I really want to take the credit but to my chagrin I can't. I am still suffering from my left-over Halloween snack-sized candy! Okay, not suffering but thoroughly enjoying!

So, I have to admit I haven't been a very good blogger lately. I guess I just feel like if I don't have anything compelling or earth-shattering in importance than maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. But I should write on the site. It is very cathartic for me not to mention I am sure I have a loyal following who are craving a new post. I apologize in advance for the erratic form this post will follow.
On the adoption front, which I am sure , is your primary concern- we have no news. Not much has changed, where in lies the issue. Due to the new immigration procedure when we receive approval prior to departure for Vietnam, there have been some serious and unfortunate delays. In the long run, the changes will be good for Vietnamese adoption and should end most of the corruption in the system. We unfortunately got swept up in the period of change. We are hopeful that our paperwork will be compiled and checked and translated and stamped and sent shortly and that perhaps by a miracle we may travel by March. Mattine would be eight months old. We can't get to her soon enough. That is why my heart aches. She deserves more. I am attaching two (1) (2) links of articles which recount some of the new changes, the difficulties, and the poor families stuck in the middle. I don't know what else to say.

My best friend is in the process of getting her new business off the ground. I am trying to create some hype here. All I can say is that she is a very talented and smart woman who I know will kick butt in this new endeavor of hers. I should have the splendid details together by next week. And I must say I am totally psyched for her.

Another friend of mine has built a site, Mannpill, which I think everyone should check out. WARNING! Now before you hit the link please let me advise you that the site is extremely sexist- thus, the name Mannpill. To quote the site, "Mannpill.com is a site dedicated to providing exciting and relevant content to men. We offer men open and candid opinions and advice, that is useful, practical and entertaining. Mannpill.com focuses on issues regarding sports, gadgets, entertainment, women, politics, style, pop culture and food." There is a little too much sports and female form for my taste but I applaud him on the undertaking and extreme success of the site to date. Some of the articles are very interesting and deserve a read especially if you know me and think I may have written one or two of them. Not that I did, but just in case. As for the sexism on the site, well- I say if you can't beat them at least know what they are saying about you. Knowledge is power, right ladies? Besides, I think most men really need all the help they can get!

It is still hot as hell here in Florida. Normally by now we have some sort of reprieve - but no such luck. The humidity has passed- at least most days are good hair days. But what I wouldn't give for some cool, crisp air. I think that would make it more believable that the holidays are approaching. This weekend is the boat parade so that should add to the festive mood. I will post pictures the beginning of next week.

I started the post with pictures of my puppies. You know regardless of what is going on in my life my two four-legged friends are always there with a wag of a tale and a cold nose. Clewiston and Jackson Brown always make me laugh. They are completely accepting regardless of my mood or attire. Even when I am late getting home they are happy to see me- no questions asked. They seem to want to climb up next to me on the couch when they know I need it the most. Their crazy antics occasionally have me slightly stressed but it is in all good fun. They are so simple and happy. Not a care in the world. I don't know what I would do without them.

Have a good night all and know that we are all in this big picture together.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Great post! I hope you travel soon! Keep trying to enjoy the ride!

Anonymous said...

gs make everything better. I like that manpill site. But, i am also a subscriber to Maxim.