Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday afternoon with my shadow and Jackson....

















Jackson hates getting a bath. So, strange that a lab wouldn't love the water. Our black lab, Clewiston, can't get enough of the water. That is why she is absent from all these pictures. She was having a ball with the hose. So, Jackson and I chilled waiting for the water excitement to come to a conclusion. Strangest thing, my shadow also came out to play. And one of our fruit trees is filled with orchids which happens to be blooming. It was a beautiful afternoon. No word on the adoption. Things are quiet. We are still waiting for the necessary paperwork to send our I-600. There is at least one batch of families ahead of us. I am working on the attribute of patience. Some days I have it conquered and others I am flattened by the lack of it. I am trying to get life back to some sense of normalcy, if that is even possible. It feels like we were so close to having Mattine home for the holidays. Next year for sure, I know. We had a fantastic baby shower (a second one) a couple of weeks ago. I promise I will get those photo's uploaded and share the perfect day. Right now I am side-tracked with so many thoughts of our daughter. I wonder how much she has grown? I wonder if she has a crib mate? I wonder what she looks at everyday. I hope that someone is holding her tight and telling her how spectacular she is. I hope she knows half way around the world we are thinking and dreaming of her. I hope she knows how blessed her parents are to have such a gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you travel soon! Those are great pictures!