Friday, October 12, 2007

Snack-sized Halloween Candy


So, what is the scariest thing about Halloween? Well, in my humble and chocolate addicted opinion it is snack-sized candy. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the candy manufactures and holiday promoters wouldn't start prepping us for the end of year holidays several months in advance. But, seeing that they make their bite sized morsels available practically in August I have fallen victim to being an early candy buyer for Halloween (what else is new?). We, as consumers will spend close to $2.1 BILLION dollars on Halloween candy. Honestly, I am one of those people who buy the candy they like at the beginning of October and annihilate the bag within days. Then, once I am thoroughly disgusted with myself and my ravenous chocolate habit I swear off the stuff until the day before Halloween when I but the cheap candy for the spooky children at the door. Yes, folks I am one of those cheap candy pushers. I save all the good candy for myself? Really, who doesn't? At least, I don't hand out pennies??? Working in the fitness industry I know those awfully delicious bite-sized candies that I wolfed down in a nano second are approximately fifty calories each. But, you know what the good news is? At least for the first couple of weeks in October I am not eating the full size candy bar! So, I guess the tiny treats aren't so bad after all..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man I have someone to introduce you to...my best friend, she LOVES chocolate and I hate it, so eats hers and mine! She says that way she eats less (really not but she thinks that she can try to attribute mine to me!)! Enjoy your chocolate!