Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So, what is for dinner?

Another friend spurred this commentary........I think one of the toughest issues facing couples (without any other issues??)........is "What is for dinner?" This statement drives me crazy. "I don't know, did you have any suggestions?" As much as I would like to believe it is all about me (before Mattine arrives, of course), technically there is one other individual involved in meal preparation. "What do you want", starts the dialog.............." I don't know what do you want?". Back and forth we go. A beautiful waltz of food choices. Luckily I am not the one who cooks in the family and although I am thrilled by this fact it causes a different stress altogether. I would cook but my work schedule demands that I work late so............ I vote that the one who cooks can decide what is for dinner. What an amazing amount of freedom, right? So, in the big scheme of things what does it really matter what's for dinner? The cook in the kitchen at my house always has something wonderful prepared and I am so grateful. I guess I am exploring a low point (adoption related) and just randomly venting. Aren't there bigger issues at hand in the world that need our attention ( i.e. global warming, the elections, children's rights, medical care reform, SAVING THE EARTH FROM OURSELVES?) Because, I will go for pizza every time! I am easy...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...being another family that has the "What's for dinner" conversation EVERY day and most days cannot agree, this post added a smile to my day :)

Anonymous said...

So what's for dinner tonight?

Hahaha!

Ugh- Shawney, I. am. losing. it.

Call me.

Dawn said...

Oh, how I agree that I HATE that question!! Never get any feedback either.