Thursday, December 20, 2007

ONE step closer to Mattine!


Fed-ex is my new best friend. Our I-600 reached it's final destination today in Vietnam. Big sigh of relief. The ball is officially in play. From here we wait anywhere from 30-60 days for US Immigration to review our daughter's file and make a determination. We are confident she will be granted a Visa. I feel like there is no sense in worrying about her being denied. It is the furthered thought from my mind currently probably because I just can't wrap my arms around the concept although I know it is a faint possibility. I am trying to be optimistic that the process will roll along even though there are a host of concrete variables- Christmas, New Year's and Tet.


All I am asking for Christmas is pictures of the little munchkin. It has been two months since we have received photo's and I can't imagine how much she has changed. Those are the changes that parents document and record. Those are some of the stories that are shared with the child when they get older. It's her life and I feel like each day that passes we miss so much. She misses so much. So, I am hopeful we will have a special delivery for the holidays.


It is still so warm here. Normally by now we have a break in the weather. I bought this fabulous jacket a couple of months ago and still haven't had the opportunity to rock it out. I am looking forward t a crisp day when I can throw it on... it is so pretty! And colorful- I normally don't wear too much color but this jacket was irresistible to the senses. I longingly look at it in the closet almost everyday.


I have a couple of key items to pick up tomorrow and then the shopping is officially done, even if it isn't. There is no way I am stepping foot in the mall this weekend. To my embarrassment and disappointment I would have to resign myself to gift cards. Hiss, The awful GC, I know. But sometime you just have to throw your chips in and take the loss.


As much as I would love to continue to ramble, a new book is calling my attention. Good night and a happy Friday to all. Hopefully it turns 5 o'clock before you know and the weekend fun kicks in!


Love and light!

No comments: