Friday, December 14, 2007

Surprise...surprise

There is nothing I love more than a package waiting for me at the door when I get home. (For the record- there are things I love more, for instance a hot towel right out of the dryer, a crisp sunny day, being out on the boat, fresh baked, soft chocolate chip cookies, and of course beautiful shoes!) I don't shop on-line very often so receiving a package from the postman is a pretty big deal in my house. There is the excitement of tearing the box open to see what is in inside and the anxiety of whether or not I will like what I ordered. Usually what I liked a week ago isn't so high on my liking list a week later. Anyway, this weekend we are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. I decided I would buy myself something just in case my significant other didn't. I am only looking out for him in this regard by making sure I have something I like and want. Honestly, it was just an excuse to buy the bracelet I have been eyeing for a couple of months. So, I ordered this fabulous bauble from EnergyMuse. The manifestation bracelet just seemed fitting. And I totally love it. This really isn't the time of year to be gifting for oneself but you'll see my strange, obscure rationalization above. The site says this about the piece:

All of us are born with potential. Reaching that potential is the greatest gift we can give back to the Universe. The Manifestation bracelet was created to support that journey.

I really need to finish up my holiday shopping. I have a couple of individuals who are stumping me. That is one of the reasons I typically don't like Christmas. We put so much stress and pressure on ourselves to make it perfect. Just that one time of the year, the stars must be perfectly aligned. And the commercial aspect of people just buying things for the sake of buying them really turns me off on the holidays. There are things I love about Christmas. I love seeing Christmas lights. I love sugar cookies made only the way my mom makes there with her signature lemon sugar icing. I love wrapping presents and making them look beautiful. In fact, the people I am stumped on just may end up getting a spectacularly wrapped box with nothing inside. Just a pretty box! I love the cool nights of December in Florida. It is cool enough to go and enjoy the weather but not so cold you don't want to be outside. So, I guess I am not a complete Ba Hum Bug! Back to my trials and tribulations currently scouring for the perfect gift...the weird thing is that I love to give presents especially when I know I have found the "perfect" gift. It needs to have the right sentiment. It needs to be personal. I will shop throughout the year and put items aways with particular people in mind. In fact, sometimes I forget what I have bought and have a fantastic surprise when I pull everything out to wrap. Sometimes, I am lucky enough to end up with an extra gift for myself!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I love to find gifts at the door as well!